Pages

Vegan Salted Caramel Dip

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Guys...so freaking good!

Now that we have that out of the way, I present to you my salted caramel dip. It's vegan, it's dairy-free, it's gluten-free, it's amazing.

This was so easy too! Here's the recipe:

•1/4 Cup Sugar
•1/4 Brown Sugar
•2t Vanilla
•1/2T Coconut Oil
•1/2t salt
•1 Can (14oz) full fat coconut milk

And here's what I did:

Combine sugars, oil, and vanilla - cook over medium heat until combined and sugar starts to dissolve. Add salt, and coconut milk. Stir until evenly combined.

Now - here's the tricky part. Cook over a medium heat, for 30 minutes - and don't stir.

At the end of the 30 minutes, your caramel should be thicker and darker. Give it a stir, and then continue cooking, stirring occasionally until it reaches the color and thickness you'd like.

I cooked mine for a about 10 minutes longer, and when it cooled it was very thick. A few minutes longer, and I can probably make caramel candies (which I'm going to try....vegan caramel apples anyone?!).

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground