Pages

Why are kids always sticky?

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

One of my favorite moments in Gilmore Girls (yes, I'm a fan!) is an episode where Luke is talking about why he doesn't like kids (which, he secretly does). He complains about how they're always sticky and says,

"Me? Raising a kid? I don't even like kids. They're always sticky like they've got jam on their hands. Even if there's no jam in the house, somehow, they've always got jam on their hands! I'm not the right guy to deal with that. I have no patience for jam hands!"

And, I have to admit...this is a legitimate concern. I feel like my kids are ALWAYS sticky. Their hands, their face...it never ends. I'm honestly not sure how it even happens. They eat a cracker, and they're sticky...I mean, what is that?!

Anyway...a few weeks ago, I found out about this new product called Water Wipes. I had never heard of them before. But I was intrigued! We are always on the hunt for chemical free baby/kid products, so this one looked like a winner. 

Just my luck, I was offered the opportunity to review this product! So, I snagged a package of them from Pick 'n Save and used them on a trip. I mean, what better time to see if a wipe measures up than being trapped in a car with your kids, right?

So, initial thoughts: I loved that there are no chemicals, and they're safe for sensitive skin, as my daughter suffers from eczema.

We put these things to the test - wiped faces, hands, bottoms...we had one unfortunate potty experience...but I'll spare you the details. What you do need to know, Water Wipes worked great for cleaning up the mess - and not causing any additional irritation!

Overall - we loved these wipes and will probably buy them again. My only concerns would be that I have read about some people seeing mold growth in this product, but it seems like that may be attributed to the use of grapefruit seed oil...however - we've had our package of wipes for about 3 weeks now, and haven't had a single issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground